WELCOME TO NORTHSIDE BAPTIST CHURCH
Greetings from the church on the northside of town. We are located on 1100 Amistad Blvd, right across the street from the Buena Vista Elementary School.
Our pastor, R.G. Murray (http://www.rgmurray.com), is a 2009 graduate of the Master’s Seminary with a Master of Divinity degree. Since he came here in 2010 he has preached verse by verse through the books of 1 & 2 Timothy, the gospel of Matthew, the epistle to the Ephesians, and Romans. He is presently preaching through the book of Genesis. All of these sermons are expository in nature dealing with whatever issue the passage brings to our attention.
The goal is to give the people of God the whole counsel of God.
If you're new to our church you probably have lots of questions about what it will be like. We hope the following information will help you to feel at home when you come to one of our services.
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
- We meet every Sunday morning at 1100 Amistad Blvd. This is in the North section of town, right across the street from Buena Vista Elementary school. You can find a map here.
WHAT TIME DO YOUR SERVICES START?
- Our Sunday School ministry starts at 9:30 am.
- Our Morning Worship service starts at 10:40 am
- Our Evening Bible study starts at 6:00pm
- Our Wednesday night prayer meeting starts at 7 pm followed by choir practice for anyone who wants to participate.
WHERE DO I GO AFTER I GET THERE?
- Feel free to park anywhere in the parking lot.
- There are several handicap spots available on the North side of the building that will ensure you easy access to the services.
- The best entrance to use is the double doors on the Amistad side though we have entrances on both the north and south end of the building.
WHO WILL I SEE WHEN I FIRST ENTER THE BUILDING?
- Upon entrance from the Amistad side you will be greeted by a member of our congregation who will be serving as an Usher. They will be more than happy to point you to our coffee area where you can get a cup on your way to Sunday School. They will also hand you a bulletin for the morning which will give you information about the main worship service as well as some key announcements for our congregation.
- We will not publicly embarrass you or ask you to stand and introduce yourself, though we do have a congregational greeting time after we discuss the various ministry opportunities the church has available.
WHAT IS SUNDAY SCHOOL LIKE?
- At 9:30 am we begin an hour of Sunday School classes for all ages. Our goal in these classes is to prayerfully teach the Word of God on an age specific level.
- Our children from ages 2 through high school are taught by caring and competent adults who are screened members of our church.
- Our adults pick from a variety of classes. These various classes are listed inside the bulletin and a Greeter can point you to the location of the class.
- Nursery is provided for infants to 2 year olds.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
- We are a fairly diverse church family when it comes to our apparel on Sunday morning. You will find everything from suits to jeans, dresses to pants, high heels to flats, and dress shoes to flip-flops. As long as it is modest you'll feel at home whatever style you wear.
WHAT IS THE WORSHIP SERVICE LIKE?
- You will find that our services are filled with Scripture reading, congregational singing, heartfelt praying, and a sermon from the text of Scripture.
- The Word of God is our sole authority for faith and practice and so we read it out loud in our services on several different times.
- The reading of Scripture will often be associated with public prayer as we respond to what the text has said.
- The main church service (which begins around 10:40) will generally start with music which may consist of anything from contemporary style with drums to traditional with a piano depending on who we happen to have as musicians for the week. Our focus is to worship God with our praise in song rather than entertain.
- Our sermons are generally a passage by passage / verse by verse progression through a book of the Bible. We are going through Genesis at the moment. We believe the Word of God to be our only authoritative source for knowing God. Therefore we hold the preaching of God’s Word to be the central worship time of the church. Through the expounding of the text and the work of the Spirit in people’s lives we seek to make the message as informative as well as practical as possible. Most sermons are 35-40 minutes in length.
- We try to finish around noon but we are not tied to the clock.
- Generally a local restaurant is announced for folks to fellowship at after the service if they would like. There is no pressure to attend.
- We don’t give an ‘invitation’ but we do have someone from the leadership at the front and back of the Sanctuary after the service that you can speak to or pray with if you would like.
- During the sermon we provide an optional Children's Bible Time for our 3-5 year olds. The children are dismissed during the greeting time if they desire to attend